Our anniversary was October 16th and we spent the weekend in Mountain Home with our families. My dad has still been pretty sick, so we really didn't want to be anywhere else, but there. It allowed us to spend some quality time with each other, and others we love so much! When we got home, we were able to exchange our first anniversary gifts! We actually both did our research on first anniversary gifts, and the traditional gift is paper. What do you do with that??? Come to find out we both got a little creative!
Justin made me a paper "flower bouquet". The vase was used at out rehearsal dinner
I got Justin this wood sign painted for our yard. Paper is made from wood!!!
Justin did further research and the more modern anniversary gift is a clock. The following pics are of our new "mini" granfather clock. I have always wanted one!
The back is engraved
Next, was my birthday! We decided to spend the weekend in Branson, we both needed a little get-a-way. It also was a chance to celebrate our anniversary! We really didn't do anything that big, but we ate some good treats and did a little shopping. My mom and sister also met us on Saturday for lunch, so I got to celebrate with all my favorite people!
My birthday dinner at Joe's Crab Shack
My smores dessert! Yumm-o!
The trees were so beautiful in Branson. I absolutely love fall! Here is a scenic pic....
We also celebrated Halloween last night. We didn't do much, but pass out candy! But, I love to see all the little kiddos in their costumes. We did manage to get out some fall decorations!
We also have some BIG news! We are soon going to have a new address!!! More info. to follow!Hope you and yours had a wonderful October..... Soon it will be Thanksgiving, then Christmas?!? I guess as you get older time goes faster!
No comments:
Post a Comment