Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ch...Ch...Ch...Changes...

Well, Justin and I decided that we would start blogging.. hence the title, "Go Forth & Blog!"  Not that our lives are extremely interesting, but I wanted a way to keep track of the certain excitements that our lives do occasionally bring! I entitled this entry ch...ch...ch...changes, because we have had some changes in our lives in the last year and we are undergoing some more changes! 

Change #1
We dated for 5 years (I know.. it was a L-O-N-G time) and on our 6th "dating" anniversary we got MARRIED!!! Married life is not all that different from our dating life, the only difference is that my name changed!  I am no longer called "pickle," now I get, "go-forth and multiply", "go-forth and prosper", and my vice principal likes to say "just go-forth Debbie."  I am so blessed by my wonderful husband!  He is a "precious peach," as I so lovingly say!  He truly is my best friend and partner in this thing called life! 

Change #2
Our second big change is tackling some home improvement projects!  We have decided to put down hardwood floors in our dining room (currently it is carpeted, who does that?) and after a trip to Lowe's, we are also putting in a tile backsplash in the kitchen.  I believe my love for HGTV and TLC has gotten the best of me, and I wanted to take on some of these projects in our own home.  The only problem is...... Justin nor I want to do them "ourselves."  We really considered the thought, but then visions of home improvements gone wrong flashed in our minds!  Both of us figured that we would spend more money and time fixing our mistakes, then just paying someone to do it for us in the first place!  We'll be sure to post some pictures of the finished projects soon! 

Change #3
We have been looking at some new houses for quite a long time....  This is a big change, because the thought of moving does not sound pleasant!  We found the home of our dreams twice, and both times were let down.  The first go around, we were about to make an offer, only to find out the very next day that some put in an offer that morning and it was accepted.  The second go around, we were outbid!  So, they always say the third time is the charm, right?  We are going to continue to keep looking, make some updates on our current house, and try to find a house or some land to build on!  This way in the future, we have a home we truly want and enjoy AND a place to begin a family!!! 

So, my first blog entry is complete!  I figured that blogging would be a fun and exciting challenge to take on this summer!  BTW, it is not as easy as I thought! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment